This page gives important information about how we collect, use and disclose personal
information and your rights in respect of your personal information.
This statement relates to personal information we collect and process:
- Before being appointed as a solutions provider;
- When clients engage us as their solutions provider; and
- When we provide our solutions and services to clients.
Under data protection law, these are MED e-care activities as a data controller. If you represent or work for a client or prospective client of MED e-care, your personal information (such as contact details, role, responsibility, and engagement with us), will be processed in accordance with this statement, but only in the context of the client’s engagement
If you are a sole trader or a partnership, any information relating to your business will treated by
us as being your personal information.
What do we use your personal information for?
Promoting our solutions
We may obtain your personal business contact details (such as email, telephone number, address, position) from you, or from publicly available sources (like LinkedIn). When we promote our solutions, or respond to your request to receive information about them, we will process your personal information in our legitimate interest for the purposes of contacting you in respect of, and providing you with information on, our solutions.
You may also have signed up to receive our newsletter and information about our products and services. When you did you provided your consent for us to send these to you.
In either case, if you no longer wish us to contact you, please let us know. You can withdraw your consent or opt-out of receiving our newsletters and direct marketing emails at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the message.
If you enquire about our services (including through our contact page or a request to book a demo) we use information you provide as part of that enquiry, or in subsequent related communications, only for the purposes of:
- contacting you in connection with our solutions;
- providing you with information about our solutions;
- demonstrating our solutions; and
- responding to, progressing, and managing your enquiries and requests.
Your personal information is processed in this way, either:
- to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you;
- and/or in our legitimate interests for the conduct and management of our business
- including, most importantly, giving the business you represent the best service and products we can and meeting your expectations.
Engaging us as your solutions provider
When you engage us as your solutions provider, we will use your personal information to take
relevant steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with us. This will include:
- defining the solutions and associated services we will provide;
- and establishing the terms on which they will be provided.
Provision of solutions and services
When we provide our solutions and services, we may process your personal information. Where you are a representative of our client, this may include your contact details (such as email address and telephone number), and information provided or created as part of communications between us (such as in emails and voice calls). Unless otherwise stated, any personal information you give us when providing our services to you will be used for:
- providing those solutions and services in accordance with our contract with you, or the
business client you represent;
- managing our relationship with you (or the business client you represent), to ensure our
respective contractual obligations are met;
- meeting our legal obligations; and
- our legitimate interests in conducting and managing our business (for the purposes
described above) and enforcing our legal rights.
Your personal information will also be processed:
- to manage your personal data in accordance with this privacy notice; and
- to comply with our data protection and other legal obligations.
When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we make sure we have considered and balanced the potential impact on you. We will never use your personal information in a way that is detrimental to your interests. Where we process your personal information for purposes we consider to be in our legitimate interest, you may have the right to object to this processing depending on where you are located. You may exercise this right by writing to us at our address or by emailing us. If you do object, this may affect our ability to provide our solutions and services to you or the client you represent.
Who else gets your personal information?
To help us provide our solutions and services, we share your personal information with third parties who provide services to us, including:
- information technology and information services providers;
- other third-party service providers; and
- professional and other third-party advisers.
These third parties can only use the personal information we share to provide their services to us or to support our delivery of our services to you. Your personal information may also be shared with third parties in accordance with your written and verified instructions, or in accordance with legal obligations imposed upon us. Your personal information is not shared with anyone else.
Location of data
Your personal information may be transferred between the European Union and Canada, but only for the purposes set out in this notice. Transfers from the European Union to Canada will be protected by Canada’s Personal Information and Electronics Documents Act (PIPEDA) adequacy status as recognised by the UK.
How long do we keep your personal information?
Your personal information is kept for up to seven years after the year we have ceased being your solutions provider. Personal information processed in connection with an enquiry that does not result in an engagement is retained for a period of thirty-six months after your last communication. Where there is a legal obligation to retain your personal information for a longer period, then we will retain it for the period required by that obligation.
What are your rights?
Accessing, deleting, rectifying and moving your personal information – You have the right to:
- access your personal information;
- require us to delete it; and/or
- correct it.
If you are located in the European Union, you also have the right to object to our processing of your personal information and have it transmitted to another data controller. If you want to exercise these rights, please let us know. You will need to provide sufficient information to verify and complete your request. We will complete your request within thirty days, subject to any legal or other requirements that requires us not to complete your request, in which case we shall inform you of this where we are permitted to do so.
Lodging a complaint
You can at any time complain about our processing of your personal information. If we are unable to resolve your issue, you can lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority or Privacy Commissioner.
Our supervisory authority is:
- Information Commissioner, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF (www.ico.org.uk)
- Privacy Commissioner of Canada (www.priv.gc.ca)
- Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of BC (www.oipc.bc.ca)
How do you contact us?
We have designated a data protection officer who you can contact in relation to the processing of your personal data by MED e-care. You can contact the data protection officer at the following address:
MED e-care Healthcare Solutions Limited , Greenheys Business Centre, Pencroft Way, Manchester, M15 6JJ.
(firstname.lastname@example.org / www.mede-care.co.uk)
MED e-care Health Care Solutions Inc, 710 Kingston Rd, Toronto, Ontario, M4E 1R7
(email@example.com / www.mede-care.com)